Around Town Moving & Delivery is a full-service residential moving company dedicated to making your move as easy and stress-free as possible. Our local moving company take pride in providing a well-thought-out packing and moving experience to ensure your relocation is relaxed, on-time, and within your budget.
With 10+ years of experience, Around Town Moving & Delivery has established a reputation for our quality of work and the highest customer satisfaction. We remain committed to serving our customers with continued excellence!
Want to know more about us? Here’s all you need to know about Around Town Moving & Deliver. We’re completely focused on serving you! From the day we get acquainted with you on the phone, to the moment we safely deliver the last of your treasured goods to your destination, our team strives to provide your family with a hassle-free moving experience.
Moving is stressful enough without added concerns about the professionalism of the crew you’ve hired. You are hiring peace of mind when you welcome our crew inside your home to assist with your move. On moving day, our team arrives fully equipped and prepared to meet all your family’s moving needs and requirements.
1. For residential moving, purge items you don’t need or want anymore.
Sometimes it can be hard to let go of things you’ve had for awhile — but it’s even more of a hassle to haul a box of stuff you don’t want across the city (or country!). Donating clothes and furniture you no longer like will make your move that much easier. Start the process several weeks or months ahead of your move to minimize stress.
2. Pack early and Utilize colour coding when labelling boxes. Pick a color code for each room and label that room’s boxes accordingly. Label the door of each room with the corresponding sticker/tape so that movers know where to place the boxes.
3. If you’re renting, take photos of your cleaned-out old home and your new home before moving in. This is essential if you ever hope to get your deposit back. It will save you major headaches with difficult landlords who charge you cleaning and repair fees unnecessarily when moving out.
4. If you disassemble several pieces of furniture, color-coordinate the parts with stickers so that you don’t get confused later.
5. Take measurements of your new home before the move to decide if oversize furniture will fit.
6. Secure any breakables and large items with packing material. (Use fragile labels)
7. Pack the items you will need FIRST in a clear plastic bin.This includes things like a box cutter, paper towels, trash bags, eating utensils, select cookware, power strips, phone chargers, toilet paper, tools, etc. The clear bin allows you to see inside; it also separates itself from the myriad of cardboard boxes.
8. Cover the openings of your toiletries with saran wrap, then put the tops back on. This will keep your toiletries from leaking all over your stuff during the move.
9. Pack your plates vertically into the moving boxes, like records. That’ll lower the chances of them breaking en route.
10. Take a photo of how your electronics are connected so you can remember how and where all the wires go.